About CED Officers and Projects
To undertake a Community Economic Development (CED) Project, the CED officer will:
- Gather economic development ideas from local visionaries
- Meet with local groups to discuss possible projects
- Work with any community group, non-profit organization or business in order to improve local economy
- Develop strategic plans or proposals for specific projects
- Show how business or employment opportunities can be enhanced
The CED Officer’s involvement may include:
- Project planning: meet with volunteer groups to discuss issues and ideas and develop a plan.
- Project funding: assist group with accessing funding and writing a proposal.
- Project management: working with group to monitor progress as project develops.
Local CED Projects have included such topics as:
- Community Strategic Planning
- Tourism Attraction
- Agriculture Business and Rural Tourism
- Diversification into New Business Sectors
- Labour Force Skills Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Youth Retention & Attraction