Gov’t of Canada:
- Work Share Program https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/work-sharing.html
- Resources for business from trade commissioner: https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/campaign-campagne/ressources-entreprises-COVID-19-business-resources.aspx?lang=eng
- Business Development Bank: Support for entrepreneurs impacted by Covid-19 – https://www.bdc.ca/en/pages/special-support.aspx?special-initiative=covid19
- Funding: https://www.bdc.ca/en/pages/special-support.aspx?special-initiative=covid19&_ga=2.190559339.1591330801.1584414343-2137179842.1584414343
- Continuity Plans: https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tools/entrepreneur-toolkit/templates-business-guides/pages/business-continuity-guide-templates-entrepreneurs.aspx
- Export Development Canada: https://www.edc.ca/en/events/webinar/managing-impact-on-global-supply-chains.html
- Service Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html
- Ontario Ministry of Health: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Canada Chamber of Commerce: http://www.chamber.ca/resources/pandemic-preparedness/
- World Health Organization: https://www.epi-win.com/advice-and-information/business-and-employees
Information regarding applying for EI, including phone number:
- The 1 week waiting period has been waived for new claimants who are quarantined so they can be paid for the first week of their claim. A dedicated toll-free number has been set up for those in quarantine and are seeking to waive the one-week EI sickness benefits waiting period.
- Telephone: 1-833-381-2725 (toll-free)
- Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-800-529-3742
- An EI claimants entitlement and benefit rate is based on the information provided on the Record of Employment. Typically, if ROEs are delayed, payment for employees would be delayed as well. The Employer Contact Centre may be able to provide more advice regarding this particular situation. They can be reached at 1-800-367-5693. If claimants are entitled to receive EI benefits, they should receive the first payment within 28 days of the date that Service Canada receives the application and all required documents (i.e. ROEs).